Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Memories

Skating through the city at night; it brings back a lot of memories. While skating down 7th avenue to my friends house the song Memories by weezer comes on. I then find my self reminiscing of the summer skating with the busting crew in the unforgivable summer heat and how finding Bustin really changed my life. It was early august; Will and I had no idea what we were doing, all we wanted to do was find some kids to skate with and meet the Bustin Crew. So we took the M to Marcy Avenue, and had no clue where Grand street was, we had no idea where we were going, or where we actually were. So after stopping multiple hipsters on the street, we found it, we found the thing that would change our lives. That day was the greatest day of the year, in fact I wrote a blog about it: http://longboardingnyc.blogspot.com/2010/08/bustin-nyc-place-to-be.html. I just kept coming back, and back, and back, and back; skating working and chilling with some of the best skaters in the city. Bustin is home for me, it is where I can be me, make my self a better skater, and help other skaters around me, and I can learn.. just about anything. This summer really changed my life. It was early August, I took the train, now I skate both ways, I thought Ryan was a god,  now he's just a chill skater to me like everyone else, and I rode an Original, now I will ride Bustin till I die, I had never skated with the Kings, now Steezy D and Alex Hall are NYC Longboarding riders and we are on the verge of being sponsored.

Man I miss summer. Thank you Bustin, for everything.

4 comments:

  1. gayyyyy. grow up and get a lifee

    ReplyDelete
  2. E Weezy you are the freakin man. I am inspired by your riding and and super appreciative for all your help around the shop. Stay young and enjoy THIS life. Kings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Eli your always welcome at the shop. Sounds like you found an awesome flow in life that SOMEONE is jealous of. Just means your doing it right brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli man ima lovin the board we have to skatesome time dude and im proud that u still keeping up with the site

    ReplyDelete