Monday, November 8, 2010

two new boards

over the course of this weekend, I added two more boards to my push arsenal. 

Hybrid:

"The original pioneers were hybrid skaters – short-board riders who found that if they put some bigger and/or softer wheels on their board, they could get there faster."

I can really relate to this statement, because that was me. I was originally a short board rider, but I did not like the aspect that it was slow, and your wheels would be so hard that you could feel every little spec of street underneath you. Awhile ago I got rid of my shortboad because it was a piece of crap, but I took my brothers nice one with some independant trucks, and slapped some stimulus wheels on it, and I was stoked to ride. The next day I skated to my friends house and it was a great push board, and went surprisingly fast. 

Gravity:

thank you theseus for giving me this deck for free! I was so stoked.

so after a couple weeks of sitting in my room, I finally got some 169 Independants and put some sectore nice race formula wheels that my friend gave me for free. I was stoked to ride the board after assembling it, but then found out that it got wheel bite. I will have to do some tweaking, but it should be ready to ride soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment