Monday, March 14, 2011

A Warriors Experience

Sitting on Dallas' couch with bustin team rider David Steezy D accompanied by Annah Rowe, a hungover Sarah Paulshock, and baby Brooklyn, all i could think about was being at that finish line under the cyclone. This was the most exhausting thing I have ever done, but I don't regret it one bit. Adrenaline ran through my body the whole time. I started at Union sq, skating with the Lizzies, but eventually we go seperated, it was me, Steezy D, Sarah Paulshock, and another dude. From Union sq to prospect park was a great push, there is somthing about skating in NYC at night in traffic. Once we reached ocean pkwy, it started to get a little crazy. IT WENT ON FOREVER, I was imagining if i started from van cortland park, I would have cried the whole way. As I start to loose my group around avenue Z,  I come across Wiggler, captain america, and some other dude. All that was on my mind was getting to the cyclone, and resting. FINALLY WE GET THERE, I cry of joy, one of my greatest accomplishments of my life, a half marathon. I am greeted by a stoked Theseus and Mike Dallas, the stoke is spread to me, but i keep crying, I don't know why, not pain, not because I was gonna get grounded when I got home, but I was around these people who changed my life. Yes I am still grounded for a month and can't skate over spring break, but this was soo worth it.

Big shout outs: Theseus! (Rat Rod), Mike Dallas, and David Steezy D!


SPREAD THE STOKE

No comments:

Post a Comment